Wednesday, 06 July 2011

Say What? It's Against The Law!

Say What? It's Against The Law!

Doing research recently for a unit study on "where in the world does it come from?" for elementary schools, I stumbled upon a few websites that had me almost on the floor in tears of laughter... Uhhh... no really! In disbelief I clicked "Search" for information to substantiate the info I was reading, and of course off to the trusted Wikipedia for substantiation once again. Yes, sadly, it IS true... Throughout history people have made - and enforced - the strangest of strange laws and requirements in the governance of their countries, constituencies, states and provinces. Many laws stand today. I'm wondering if this is because they are so old they are forgotten or someone just hasn't had a chance to re-read the Book of Statues to see that Yes, times they are a-changing! Or, in many cases they have a-changed!

No comments: