A fantatic list put together by Parentwonder - these are just a few of the vast library!
General Parenting Tips
1. Speaking So Kids Will Listen - 25 simple ways to get your message across to kids - By Michael Grose. Ever said this to your kid: “I have told you a million times can you just turn that TV down!” If so, this ebook will show you a better to get cooperation from kids without saying this. Plus other great tips like building confidence and self-esteem in children, talking about sex, drug and violence, and more. PDF file. 18 pages.
2. Raising Children Network: Make a Book - You can select and make your own books. Select from various stages of development and individual chapters, then the book appears as you requested. Very cool! However, only Baby & Child Books available now:
- Newborns (0-3 months) - Essential information on caring for a newborn baby
- Babies (3-12 months) - What to expect during the sitting and crawling phase
- Toddlers (1-3 years) - A guide to parenting when your child discovers her own two feet
- Preschoolers (3-5 years) - The basics on helping your child thrive during the preschool years
- School age (5-8 years) - Essential information to help your child make the most of the early school years
3. Backpack Buddies Fact Sheet Index – By Ohio State University Extension. PDF files. Topics include:
- Get Off To a Good Start
- Nurturing Your Child's Self-Esteem
- Helping Your Child Succeed In School
- Holiday Stress Busters for Big and Little People
- Discipline and Your Child
- Nutrition and Fitness
- Reading Skills and Journal-Keeping
- Caution--Is Your Home Safe?
- Summer Activities for Fun and Learning
- Dealing With Morning Madness
- Understanding Sibling Rivarly
- Good Study Habits and Homework
- Holidays--What A Great Time!
- Keeping Our Children Safe
- Setting Limits with Your Children
- Nutritious Food For Cool Kids
- Children's Friendships
- Fun Summer Time Activities and Games
4. Monitoring your child’s growth and development - A quick run down of what to monitor from birth to 4 years old. PDF file. 3 pages.
5. The Bully – Make Sure Your Child Knows How to Handle Bullies - An interactive book with nice pictures on what to do for bully victims and parents. A bully quiz for children as well as for parents and educators. EXE file. 46 pages.
6. Tantrums - By Parenting SA. What parents can do when tantrums happen? Big and small. PDF file. 4 pages.
7. Understanding Children: Disciplining your preschooler - By Iowa State University. This books discusses topics like what a toddler wants, communicating with a toddler, time-out and spanking. PDF file. 4 pages.
8. Understanding Children: Sibling Rivalry - By Iowa State University. 9 awesome tips on handling conflict between siblings. One of the tips is to leave your kids alone and let them work it out for themselves. PDF file. 4 pages.
9. Discipline: Help your children develop feelings of self-esteem - By New Mexico State University. “Children develop feelings of self-esteem, competence, independence, cooperation and responsibility when they grow up with guidelines. Two effective ways to discipline children and create sensible guidelines are through rewards and punishment.” The ebook includes ten rules of discipline and how to handle parenting differences. PDF file. 4 pages.
10. How to Get Your Baby to Sleep Through the Night
- By Permanente Medical Group. 4 strategies on getting your baby to sleep uninterrupted and its pros and cons respectively. PDF file. 4 pages.
11. Balance Your Life: The Complete Guide to Managing Work and Family - By Golden Goose Ventures. From the page: How would you like to get control of your life? Stop working those 80 hour weeks. Get to know your family again. Get some FUN and FREE TIME into your life. Excellent advice. PDF file. 51 pages.
12. The Kids Are Driving Me Crazy - By Lisa Barker. An ebook excerpt from Just Because Your Kids Drive You Insane…Doesn’t Mean You Are A Bad Parent! Not quite a how-to book but a funny tale of how kids can really mess things up and challenges a mother faces. Lisa has a great sense of humor. PDF file. 60 pages.